World of Progress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Educating the Operative

Go down

Educating the Operative Empty Educating the Operative

Post by Admin Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:42 am

“They gave me my 100c and sent me out onto the streets of Mort. I was grateful for the training I had received at Orange Crush and Meny. Within my first week, I had relied upon almost everything I had learned. I advise you to learn as much as you can: you can’t learn too much here. Otherwise your active service will be short and not very sweet. Now, get on with it.”
Marshall McSlithe, Training Officer, Orange Crush.

Headhunting:
The World of Progress provides free primary education to all of it's citizens, for free, but this doesn't mean same things for everyone. Born into a high SCL-family in Uptown and going to school in armoured personnel carriers, guarded by the ever present Dark Finders and Shivers, your experience is that of studious luxury where the only thrill of the day is if one of the other kids managed to get their hands on their parents stash of company narcotics, or if one of the poser gang members start some shit with a member of another Uptown gang. Now if you are unlucky to be born in Downtown, even on the higher levels, you walk to school or, if very lucky and one or both of your parents manage to hold a factory job, take a bus to school that may or may not have been firebombed by Dark Night or have been chosen as a venue for a live Gore Channel-show. Or maybe you decide that school is for squares and instead join in with one of the many street gangs and live a short, ugly life of petty larceny until a rival or a Shiver pops you.

Which ever experience you may have, you are always being watched. Your test scores (or k/d-ratio in case of gangs) are analyzed and observed. Your picture is logged. Your medical status is carefully measured. If you are really unlucky, you are being observed by Skin Trade and your parents will one day receive one of their morbid calling cards instead of their child, or if you are moderately luckier, you are being watched with great interest by a Talent Scout. They are the headhunters of SLA Industries, looking to discover the next great media darling. They are only vaguely interested in your grades and more in tune with how photogenic you are, how would you perform in front of the camera. Or just how fascinating they could spin your backstory into.

This is how a shockingly large number of Operatives get poached into further education programs. Sure, if you are successful enough in the World of Progress, you can put your kid into all sorts of preparatory programs to guarantee them a spot in Meny, but most of the true success stories come with the subtle hand of a Talent Scout. And finally, after a number of additional courses and even more tests, they might finally admit you into Meny, the school for Operatives and other SLA-personnel that is the size of a city state southwest of Mort.

Meny:
This is where most young adults get their very first, shocking breath of clean air as the entire city state is beneath a massive bubble that protects it's precious atmosphere from the rancid air and acid rain outside. And there are parks, actual, living grass and trees and other things you have only seen on television. And for many who have lived their young lives in a Downtown sector, there is the shock of aliens, people from other planets and a bewildering array of biogenetic monsters, all talking and interacting peacefully enough. For most young humans, this is the first time they get to directly interact with someone from an entirely different perspective, as even if they were lucky enough to see an alien Operative in their neighbourhood, they were most likely standoffish if not openly hostile to the viewers.

Ops will typically graduate aged between eighteen and twenty four, depending on their aptitude, species and training packages. Ebonites start a year earlier and have an extra year’s worth of training. Stormer 313s are also trained slightly longer, but typically start their education at birth and graduate after seven years. Shaktars and Wraithen who are fluent in Killan, the language of the World of Progress, take as long as human and Frother students, but those who are not as integrated into Mort’s culture and language have an additional year of education. Some students may have to repeat years, if they are struggling, but are still deemed worthy of the effort or if their families are rich or important enough to lobby on their behalf. It is rare to see anyone repeating more than two years of the standard five.

Training Packages:
“Go to school, my mum said. Fuck that, I’d rather learn to kill big shit with my sword. What do you think they teach you at Meny, she said. And here I fucking am.”
Hamish “Hoots” Sinclair, Frother Trainee, Meny

Everyone learning at Meny will gain the essential training for working for SLA Industries, everything from Security Clearance Level-familiarization, small arms handling and firing, etc. What is strangely absent is any attempt to push SLA agenda or propaganda, as the new workers and Operatives are generally considered intelligent enough to understand SLA Industries for it's successes and it's many, many warts, and still make the correct choice to pick the winning team. After the essentials, each student will pick a training package, a choice that will in many ways guide the path their life is about to take for the rest of their lives. Your chosen training package will be the one other defining quality other than your SCL that will be proudly printed at the forefront of every SLA employees SCL-badge. Choosing and finishing your studies in your training package with passing grades is enough for SLA Industries to consider you an expert in your field, no matter what the truth may be. This will reflect in the BPN's you can receive and in some cases, even your squad composition and future sponsors. It is a life choice that all too many teenagers base according to what their favourite Contract Killer or cartoon character picked, only to discover that their new, chosen profession is not at all what Teevee promised it to be.

The Training Packages available for Operatives at present date are:

-Death Squad Package: The Death Squad Package trains and places the operative in an advanced and heavy assault form of combat. The Death Squads are trained to analyse the enemy and are usually equipped heavily with armour and equipment, as they are faced with the toughest, most brutal missions and often battle rival company operatives and agents who are as well armed as they are. In these squads, promotion comes fast if the operative can survive for long enough. There are usually one or two Death Squad trained operatives in a normal squad.

-Kick Murder Squad Package: The Kick Murder Squad Package trains the operative in the form of assassination and espionage. The trainee operative learns Martial Arts and other forms of close combat. Their missions can vary widely from murdering an important company representative to the retrieval of a secret Rival Company map or weapon. Any mission or job that involves stealth and silence is given to the Kick Murder Squad.

-Investigation and Interrogation Package: The Investigation and Interrogation Package trains the operative in undercover work. The operative learns rapidly how to root out traitors, analyze the structure of Rival Companies, extract information from captives, gain reliable sources and recover lost information- all aspects that are essential to their company's survival. This package is usually appropriate to Ebons whose goal is knowledge and loyalty. This is also the basic training for Shiver Unit troops.

-Medical Package: The Medical Package is a very in-depth and specialized form of training and most companies find that an operative with these skills is an essential part of a squad, especially when there are no Ebons to compensate for the other operative's lack of medical skills. The operative's medical training includes Paramedic skills and Forensics as well as Pathology and Computer Use so that they are able to use the medical computer software available to them in SLA Industries

-Mechanics Package: The Mechanics Package is similar to the Medical Package with respect to the amount of specialized training involved, and most squads with a vehicle of some sort find that an operative with a Mechanics training package is necessary for the upkeep of their vehicle, as it is usually a valuable asset to the squad. The Mechanics Package also includes training for the operative in Computer Use, Subterfuge and Electronics.

-Pilot and Navigation Package: The Pilot and Navigation Package trains the operative in all aspects of company transport. This involves learning how to drive and pilot the varying vehicle types, which range from small jeeps to the Line Mate tanks, from armed bikes to the heavily armed Kilcopter. The pilot is also given a knowledge of how to repair and analyse certain parts of damaged and non-functioning vehicles. The package includes training in navigation which comprises map-reading, a knowledge of navigational devices such as the Nava-map and land marks. An operative trained in this package is essential to a squad who frequently travel.

-Business Package: This package is essential for any operative who wishes to climb the corporate ladder in the business side of SLA Industries or, alternatively, if a character wishes to become a combat financier for their squad. The training comprises of administration and financial skills as well as public speaking and diplomacy skills necessary for a corporate in the harsh environment of the corporate sector.

-Strike Squad Package: The Strike Squad Package training is the basic Militia training for operatives. The operative is not trained in a specialized field but a selection of the basic skills needed to be an operative. The Strike Squad Package training provides a good basis for versatility in SLA Industries.

-Scouting Package: An operative trained in the Scouting Package is necessary in most squads as their specialized skills are nearly always required. The streets of the cities in the World of Progress are as vast and as complex, as the great jungles on the Natural Worlds. Scouts are necessary for both. Training includes the use of sniper skills as well as tracking.

Admin
Admin

https://bunny.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Educating the Operative Empty Background

Post by Admin Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:03 am

Backgrounds:

Allies:
Allies are your Operatives friends and relatives, people who are willing to render assistance and resources without the need of manipulation. Like any friends, allies do not like being used. On occasion, an ally might even reach out for the Operative's help.
O         One ally of moderate power and influence.
OO       Two allies, both of moderate power.
OOO     Three allies, one of whom is quite influential.
OOOO   Four allies, one of whom is very influential.
OOOOO Five allies, one of whom is exceptionally influential.

Contacts:
Your Operative has developed a steady base of people who can provide them with a stream of information and services. These contacts are rarely friends, more often people who know your Operative and may offer help if properly bribed, coerced or manipulated. Major contacts have some degree of standing within their perspective fields and, with the right offer, can provide helpful information regarding those areas. Gang leaders, heads of departments and other, more successful Operatives make for good major contacts. Minor contacts are informants spread throughout Mort. Minor contacts can be used as eyes and ears, but they aren't as informative as the major contacts. Newsstand vendors, bartenders, bouncers, Shivers and taxi drivers make for good minor contacts.
O         One major contact and a handful of minor ones.
OO       Two major contacts and a few minor ones scattered around Mort.
OOO     Three major contacts and minor ones in every club and Shiver station.
OOOO   Four major allies and minor allies scattered in all walks of life on Mort.
OOOOO Five major allies and you seldom go anywhere without seeing a minor ally.

Housing:
“One member of my squad has no home. I have little sympathy for his self-induced state and, according to the operative’s handbook, may not offer him any of my spare rooms in either of my houses, one in Uptown Mort and one on New Paris. Who am I to buck the system for a Brain Waster?
“As for my friend Nf’tndrd, the Shaktar, we applied for special dispensation to allow him to stay on my premises. He acts as a security guard for a Cloak Division operative/corporate, namely me. Nobody with any sense would try to mess with a Shaktar defending a friend’s property. Their code of honour requires them to act in a way useful to myself and, of course, he’s a good friend and is handy to have a round. I wouldn’t know how to strip a gun so l leave it on the kitchen table overnight and come down in the morning to a clean, loaded custom Blitzer.
“Why does SLA Industries allow me to live in my family house and allow Manu to starve on the streets? That is the democracy of money. One Credit: One vote. I am in favour of the system, it encourages ambition -a virtue lacking in the general inhabitants of this planet.”

Cerise, GBH Squad, Cloak Division, SCL 6a.
O         Uptown (semi detached) house -garden or garage, 3 bedrooms and living room.
OO       Uptown detached house -garden, garage, up to 2 bedrooms and living room.
OOO     Own lease for Uptown apartment -up to 3 bedrooms, living room and dining room.
OOOO   Own lease for Uptown detached house - garden, garage, up to 3 bedrooms and living room.
OOOOO Own lease for apartment on Mort (same as Rank 3) and own outright house off planet (same as Rank 1)

Mentor:
Some Operatives have the benefit of a more experienced SLA-employee in their lives, perhaps a retired Operative or a veteran Shiver, perhaps one that has been made into a Trustee or a teacher at Meny or Orange Crush. Some mentors maintain an aloof teacher-student relationship, others become friends and even lovers. No mentor, however, has an inexhaustible amount of patience. A mentor that feels burdened by an ungrateful or troublesome apprentice soon seeks a more worthy charge.
O         Your mentor is able to train you in one or two Abilities and offer useful advice.
OO       Your mentor is moderately influential and connected, and often provides helpful advice.
OOO     Your mentor is another, more experienced Operative.
OOOO   Your mentor is a gifted Operative with considerable experience, insight, connections and SCL.
OOOOO Your mentor is a legendary Operative or Contract Killer that is well known to both friend and foe with powerful resources and connections.

Fame:
“One of them shot me in the leg once. I deserved it, of course I called her ‘cute’ in front of her friends so she, quite rightly, shot me. Do you want to see the scar?”
Mike Sidcup, Barman, The Haunt.
Your Operative is recognized by people from something they've seen on TeeVee. Fame can frequently lead to sponsorships and media contracts, people want to be seen with someone famous, enabling the Operative to exert influence. Fame can also be a nuisance, especially for Operatives wanting to stalk their prey unseen. Fame can also make the Operative a target for public attempts on their life by Soft Companies, especially DarkNight takes an almost perverse pleasure in slaying media darlings, preferably on live TeeVee. A famous Operative may also be able to reduce difficulties of Social rolls against particularly impressionable people.
O         You're a regular at an 'in' club or perhaps the media has been frequently running one of your cam-feeds.
OO       You're a bit of a local celebrity or possibly a well known figure in a niche genre of popular Media.
OOO     You've done it, you've had your fifteen minutes. People of Mort have a chance to recognize you.
OOOO   Your name resonates across the World of Progress, anyone with a TeeVee has at least heard of you.
OOOOO You are one of the elite, a Contract Killer, a media darling. Rarely a day goes by without your name being mentioned on TeeVee.

Savings:
For some reason your Operative begins their career with more resources than most. Perhaps it is from wealthy parents, a grant from a benefactor, some wise, early business decisions, or perhaps an illicit loan (possibly made possible with a Debt-disadvantage).
O         100c more starting funds.
OO       200c more starting funds.
OOO     300c more starting funds.
OOOO   400c more starting funds.
OOOOO 500c more starting funds.

Vehicle:
“Tha thinkst tha got problems? I got me tank to drive round lookin’ cool in, right. Smashin’. Well chuffed. SLA say ‘no, no, no. Mr Wintch, tha canstnot have a flat. Tha got unlucky, tough,’ or somethin’ like that. So what do I do? I live in me tank by me tod. I get drunks usin’ my home as a toilet. They come along and stand against ‘Bertha’, me tank, the poor lass, and Zip, Flet, Pssssss, ‘Ah’. I wouldn’t wish that on nobody. If I had a flat. I’d have a garage and no stains on me Dante Camouflage, Pattern 13.”
James Wintch, Operative, SCL 10 and disgruntled.
O         You either own a civilian motorcycle or can loan a friends/relatives civilian car/motorcycle.
OO       You own a non-military SLA motorcycle.
OOO     You own a small civilian car or a military-grade SLA motorcycle.
OOOO   You own a large SLA car.
OOOOO You own a (Disarmed) SLA military vehicle.

Merits:

Ambidextrous: 1pt
The Operative is equally adept at using either of their hands and suffer no negative modifiers using either of them. If they wish to wield a weapon in both hands, they half penalties.
Computer Aptitude: 1pt
The Operative has always been fascinated by computers and can lower the difficulty of all Computer-related tests by 2.
Daredevil: 3pts
Some rare Operatives, usually either destined for an early grave or great fame simply know how to throw themselves into danger, full body and soul. When the Operative attempts a particularly dangerous and potentially lethal stunt, they gain 3 additional dice for the attempt.
DNA Tattoo, Beautiful: 1pt
Either you or a parent had a particularly good taste in choosing their DNA Tattoo that is both pleasing to the eye and also done professionally.
Double-Jointed: 1pt
The Operative seems almost boneless when attempting to fit into tight places or being grappled. Any attempt to grapple or pin the Operative had it's difficulty raised by one and can squeeze them into far too small spaces. Wraith Raiders and Vevaphons begin their careers with this Merit.
Drug Tolerance: 1pt
Some people are simply better at metabolizing drugs and alcohol which can be a bother in a party but very useful in case someone tries to spike your drink.
Eidetic Memory: 2pts
Every detail, from the mundane (How much has it rained every day for the past year) to the esoteric (What the witness was named a year ago) simply stick to your mind. It doesn't make you better at noticing things, it just allows you to recall scenes and details very well.
Excellent Hearing: 1pt
The Operative has an acute hearing, keen to any small sounds. All difficulties for listening tests are lowered by two.
Excellent Vision: 1pt
The Operative has 20/20 vision or better. All sight tests are easier.
Favour: 1-3pts
Your Operative is owed a favour, ranging from small to huge. Maybe you didn't report cheating on a exam at Meny by a classmate, perhaps you helped cover up a murder.
Handsome/Beautiful: 1pt
You have a face and the frame for Media. Officially, the Media goes for the interesting stories, it just so happens that many of those interesting stories have pretty people in them. All social interactions have their difficulty lowered by one if the target would naturally find the character attractive.
Huge Size: 4pts
Your Operative is a brute, adding another 30cm to their height and another 100kg to their mass. The Operative has an additional Bruised-level of Health. Huge Operatives will not be able to use normal armour, and instead have to pay for custom fitting.
Iron Will: 3pts
All Operatives believe that they will make it big, even if the belief is somewhere deep within themselves, but some rare specimens have a whole other level of self-belief. All attempts to influence their mind have their difficulty to resist lowered by three.
Jack-Of-All-Trades: 3pts
Your Operative never stopped learning, and even as a child spent endless hours with technical guides and books. The Operative does not suffer negatives for attempting any Knowledge-test when they have no points assigned to it.
Mechanical Aptitude: 1pt
Not all Operatives that love to tinker with machines end up going into engineering. All tests involving mechanics have their difficulty lowered by two.
Notable Heritage: 1-2pts
You have well known and respected parent or parents, most likely successful Operatives or other higher ups in SLA Industries. The Merit costs 2 points if the Operative is a Shaktar, 1 otherwise. A notable heritage may come to bear now and then, but any Shaktar will respect you more.
Pitiable: 1pt
You are naturally a wallflower, somehow weak looking and non-threatening. You lack the bravado that most Operatives either naturally exude or desperately try to. You are rarely considered a genuine threat until it is too late. Note that wearing powered armour tends to dispel such assumptions quickly.
Seldom Sleeper: 2pts
Either because of naturally hyper personality or some quirk of biology, you simply survive on less sleep than most Operatives. Three to four hours is enough for you to count as having rested fully. Note that Ebon's will feel rested, but will not have fully charged back their Flux without further rest.
Perfect Balance: 1pt
Be it icey surfaces or slippery floors or suspended power lines, you feel perfectly at ease. All tests involving balance have their difficulty lowered by two.

Flaws:
Absent-Minded: 3pts
You forget things: important things like names, phone numbers, and which route to take to the nearest metro.You often forget the tasks you've been assigned, what day or time certain happenings are taking place, or even when you last ate. Although you don't forget Abilities, in order to remember specific details about anything more significant than your own name, you need to make an Intelligence check.
Addict: 1-3pts
By the time you exit Meny, you are already addicted to one of the many available narcotics, be it alcohol or one of the latest combat drugs on the market. Alcoholism is worth 1pt and depending on the severity of the drug addicted to, the addiction will be worth 1-3pts.
Amnesia: 2pts
You have no memory of your time before attending Meny, only that SLA Industries saw worth in training you into an Operative. You are limited to Backgrounds, Merits and Flaws that work with a life built only in the last few years. This flaw is even available to Biogenetic Operatives as it simply means that after some traumatic incident, SLA Industries has scoured your mind clean and sent you back to school.
Allergy: 1-5pts
Mort is a planet with an entirely ruined ecosystem and an atmosphere consisting primarily of pollution and practically the entire environment is artificial. This has lead to a severe rise in allergies, some mundane, some extreme and strange. Depending on the severity and vital nature of the substance that the Operative is allergic to, the cost can range from 1 to 5pts. Some examples include getting mild rashes with contact with plastic 1pt, severe allergy to biogenetic materials 3-5pts.
Bad Rep: 1-3pts
Bad reputation involves the corporate environment specifically, not the media image of the Operative. Perhaps there is a rumour that the Operative is difficult to work with (1pt) or that there is a suspicion that they might be a sleeper agent of DarkNight (3pts).
Bad Sight: 1/3pts
Bad sight can either mean your Operative suffers from nearsightedness, farsightedness or even astigmatism (1pt) that can be corrected by glasses or biogenetic replacements, or it can mean an aberration of the brain that causes the Operative difficulty with their sight that cannot be fixed. All sight-based tests (including ranged attacks) have their difficulty increased by 2.
Curiosity: 2pts
You cannot resist secrets, be it rumours about your class mates, a hushed conversation in the metro or two Stigmartyr agents conversing about an internal assassination. The greater the secret, the harder it is to resist. Your Operative needs to pass a Willpower check to pass on attempting to learn a secret.
Dark Secret: 1pt
There is a dark secret in your past, one that would ruin your career and possibly have Hunter Sheets taken on your name if it ever came out, but as far as you know, nobody else knows about it.
Deaf: 4pts
You cannot hear and whatever is causing the disability, cannot be fixed with biogenetics. You rely on sign language and lip reading to communicate. Note that lip reading may be problematic with Stormers and Shaktar. You cannot pass hearing tests unless the sound is powerful enough to cause significant tremors in the air or surroundings.
Debt: 2pts
You are indebted to a powerful third party and 10% of all of your income goes into repaying your debt. There may also be further demands from the debtor if no payment has been incoming in a while.
Dependent: 1-3pts
You have a pet or a younger or elderly family member that cannot take care of themselves around the clock, and need your assistance, be it with food or bathroom.
DNA Tattoo, poor: 1pts
All DNA tattoo's have a 50/50 chance to be inherited by the original owners children and can become a bane for multiple generations. Your Operative bears a curse either from foolish childhood or a stupid or cruel ancestor in the form of an ugly or poorly done (or poor taste) DNA Tattoo.
Dyslexia:
Despite accessible education, reading and writing are both diminishing arts in the World of Progress thanks to the prevalence of TeeVee. For whatever reason, your Operative struggles with the written word, be it with a pen or a BPN file in their hand.
Enemy: 1-5pts
Your Operative has made a significant enemy, be it within SLA Industries or a powerful external threat like a DarkNight saboteur with a grudge. A corporate you snubbed for a date might be 1pt where as a Necanthrope or a Shaktar Contract Killer with a death oath would be 5pts.
Gullible: 2pts
Subterfuge is a struggle for you. Lies do not come easy to you, be they your own or others. Difficulty for figuring out if someone is lying or has a hidden agenda is increased by 2.
Hard of Hearing: 1pt
Your Operative has taken one too many shots without hearing protection or been exposed to one too many explosive entries and now tinnitus is your forever friend. Difficulty for all hearing tests is increased by 2.
Poor Housing/Homeless: 2/5pts
Perhaps you pissed off your Department of Housing during your final year at Meny or are simply unlucky, your Operative housing is either poor or non-existent.
Illness: 1-5pts
Mort is merciless to it's occupants, and long term illness is only one of the many downsides living on a diseased planet can cause. Thankfully SLA Industries employs anyone with the drive and the skill to become an employee in the World of Progress. Many if not all of the long term illnesses require constant medication and frequent medical attention to even make them survivable. Following examples are to give an idea on different illnesses: Anemia 1pt, Asthma or Migraines 2pts, Albinism or Immunodeficiency 3pts, Epilepsy or Hemophilia 4pts, Parkinson's or Multiple Sclerosis 5pts.
Impatient: 1pt
Maybe it's undiagnosed mania or just a natural dislike for sitting still, but your Operative has a particular dislike for standing around when they could be doing something, anything else.
Intolerance: 1pt
You have a deep seated mistrust and loathing of a select group of people, frequently based on nothing but ignorance or stupidity. All social interactions with select group have their difficulty increased by 2.
Lame: 3pts
You are crippled, perhaps due to damage to your spine or one or both of your legs. Whatever the reason, your Operative will require a cane or a powerassisted suit of armour for everyday movement and running is impossible.
Mental Illness/Trauma: 1-5pts
The things that civilians face every day often pales in the face of what Operatives witness on their job, and mental health problems are rampant on Mort, both amongst the civilian population and amongst the Operatives.
Monochrome Vision: 1pt
For some quirk of biology, your Operative cannot see the full range of colours. This does not impose too much of a challenge in everyday life, but naturally describing or attempting to identify colours is nearly impossible.
Monstrous: 3pt
Perhaps due to a horrific injury or severe birth defect, the Operative is difficult to look at for all but the strongest souls. All social interactions suffer a 3 increase to difficulty. Note that despite Operative Stormers being objectively hideous and some of the alien races can be alarming, they are a common enough occurrence for most people on Mort to be somewhat used to the ones that follow the standard templates.
Mute: 4pt
For reasons of injury or birth, your Operative is mute, unable to vocally communicate, leaving sign language and writing their only tools for being understood.
Naive: 1pt
Somehow your Operative has survived through the grueling horror of the World of Progress with their faith in humanity intact, which other than letting the Operative perhaps to lead a slightly less depressed existence unfortunately exposes them to liars, cheats and manipulators. Any attempt to figure out anothers reasoning or perspective has it's difficulty increased by 2.
Nightmares: 1pt
The World of Progress leaves it's marks on everyone, and for many, it is nightmares and night terrors, imagined and frighteningly often, real. This leaves the Operative often exhausted in the morning or troubled with baleful thoughts. Every morning, the Operative must pass a Willpower check (difficulty 7) or have all difficulties increased by 2 for the rest of the day.
One Eye: 3pt
Long term injuries are still common despite the advances of medical sciences and your Operative is either wholly missing one eye or has severe damage to it, making it blind. Any test that requires depth perception, is increased by 2. This includes most shooting, other than aimed shots.
Overconfident: 1pt
Your Operative is sure that they are meant for success and cannot be made to think otherwise.
Pacifist: 3pts
Even in the World of Progress, there are those whose iron clad belief in higher values has survived. A pacifist Operative always acts last in every combat round. This does not prevent them attempting to defend themselves or others or even violently attempting to apprehend wrong doers, but if their actions enable the loss of life, they will be severely distraught.
Short: 1pt
Your Operative is 30cm shorter than the average for their species and struggle with everyday tasks that require reach and height.
Shy: 1pt
For many people living on Mort, their daily interactions involve TeeVee instead of real, live interactions with other civilians, and some Operatives never get over their own (frequently imagined) lack of social graces. Initiating any social interactions have their difficulties increased by 2.
Soft-Hearted: 2pt
Whether because of an abundance of empathy or simply a weak stomach, you cannot stand to watch others suffer. Your Operative must either leave or avoid any situation when someone is in physical or emotional distress unless you succeed in a Willpower roll (difficulty Cool.
Speech Impediment: 1pt
Your Operative has a speech impediment, a stammer, stutter or a lisp that makes it difficult to communicate. Any verbal communications have their difficulty increased by 2.
Sterile: 1/5pts
Sterility is a common problem on Mort, that it rarely comes up, unless your Operative is a Shaktar or is dealing with Shaktar that somehow learn of the operatives deficit. The flaw is worth 1 point for all other races but worth 5 points for Shaktars. All Stormers and Vevaphons are naturally sterile and may not benefit from this.
Ugly: 1pt
Not all Operatives are cover models and yours is one of those unfortunates. All social interactions have their difficulty increased by 1.
Vengeful: 2pt
Your Operative had a chip on their shoulder against a particular entity and struggle not to pursue their righteous justice on the wrong doer, imagined or real. This obsession gets in the way of day-to-day activities and can compromise missions and tasks.
Weak-Willed: 3pt
Some Operatives are more at ease at taking orders and lack a strong self image and can be easily manipulated.

Admin
Admin

https://bunny.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down